River of Joy base from the road

River of Joy base from the road
Picnic Patio goes to work

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The "BIG STORM" Day ~ "a little child shall lead them"

Yesterday we were to have had a huge storm. I had earlier scheduled 
in a few builders to help me fix a few details, but the weatherman here 
was telling us to expect a BIG STORM. We had been getting some 
rain every day all week, The day was to have put a real capper on 
the week's weather, and not exactly what we
wanted for a tent camp. 

I cancelled the work day. 

The day turned out ... P E R F E C T L Y  ! ! !  
A few cloud flotillas sailed by in a deep blue sky, warmish but not hot. 

Just delightful.

Someone must have prayed about the weather.


The children at TLOT camp were off to the mountain on a happy excursion.
I decided to go part way with them, then break off and go visit a Tatar who
had told me he had some riverside property for sale one day when 
he was delivering potatoes from his garden to us.


Along our road I had fun running ahead and then catching their action
as they marched singing up the little dirt road I walk down often
to the bus stop or to our little country grocery store.


But then came a fork in the road and the trail that leads to our cliff and other
heights broke off left. The children started up the trail. I started to go the
other way but my little friend Ivan grabbed my hand and pulled me along.
It seemed like a 'God thing' so I didn't resist.

"...and a little child shall lead them. " 
Isaiah 11:6b

I put off my real estate talk and began to muse on some of the
Biblical passages that mention children.



                      For ye were sometimes darkness, 
                                               but now are ye light in the Lord: 
                                                                       walk as children of light: 
                                                              Ephesians 5:8


Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; 
Ephesians 5:1  


  For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, 
that we may be also glorified together. Romans 8:15-17

The Holy Scriptures mention child or children over 1500 times! 
Children must be very important to Father God.


Today it sprinkled. The children took another hike anyway.

Love and Blessings in Christ,
David

 Jesus, however, said, 
"Let the little children come to me, and stop keeping them away.                                                         
For the kingdom of heaven belongs to people like these." 
Matthew 19:14 ISV






2 comments:

  1. All of the kids look like they had a fun walk!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, Post some photos of Christine and Julia when they get there! I'm envious...wish I could have come with them! It's so awesome to see the progress at River of Joy. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete