River of Joy base from the road

River of Joy base from the road
Picnic Patio goes to work

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"The World is too much with us..."

My morning's meditation was about a Wordsworth quotation,  
                    The world is too much with us; late and soon,
           Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers:
          Little we see in Nature that is ours;
                    We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon!

Too much of my time is spent on getting and spending.  If I could but accomplish all I must
do without chasing off to the bank or running around buying supplies... twould be superb. 

Today I must go to the bank and see why they do not show the money  in my account from the international bank transfer last week. I must run around and buy building materials and other stuff and top off my internet and telephone accounts as well. Sigh.  

Yesterday I hosted a picnic barbeque with Olga Byvyaltseva. Dr. Yuliya Vyaltseva was also to have come. She had taken sick the previous day and stayed home. I thought of what a help these girls had been to me through the years. Olga for instance had helped in adoption work and had interpreted for me when I preached...before I knew Russian well enough to go it alone. 

Now Olga works for an oil company. She makes pretty good money for here now...but what a ministry she is passing up to be getting that money.   

I am concerned about Olga. She is already 30ish and still unmarried. It is hard to understand this as she is a beautiful blonde with dimples and has a fine Christian personality. Yesterday I took her photo a few times while we walked around the ROJ campground. (below).  

Later after the picnic, after Roman sang and played choruses with us we took a taxi to Belogorsk where we were let out on the highway to catch a ride on a bus to Simferopol. I was going to Wil's to spend the night, get on the web like now, and spend money. Olga was going home. It began raining as we left the River of Joy site and I prayed it would be dry when we got to Belogorsk. It was dry, but several buses passed us by. I had not counted on full buses. It was the last day of a 4 day holiday and everyone was going home at once. It started to rain, then hail fell. Olga pulled out her beat up umbrella and it helped us a bit but I still got pretty wet as I was on the weather side of it.  I was beginning to feel bad that I had not engaged the cab all the way to Simferopol when our driver reappeared. He took us to Simferopol after taking his dad home down a muddy road full of holes and assorted farm animals. I was grateful for another travel adventure as I bought some pelmenie for our table then meandered up the road to Wil's place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment